This week the Highland Film Commission joined other members of the Scottish Locations Network and Screen Scotland to attend Focus 2019. Focus is the meeting place for international productions and gave us the opportunity to meet members of many international film organisations. By attending the BECTU Presents: Meet the Supervising Location Managers, we were given some great tips by location scouts, producers and production companies on what they look for when choosing a filming location.
Since the information we got was so helpful we thought others may be interested in it. So we’ve compiled this handy list for anyone interested in registering a location on our database or for those interested in updating an existing one.
Here it is, some top tips on how best to present your location:
- Keep location images up to date
- Show off the best areas of your property
- Make sure you have the correct contact details and that you check your emails regularly
- Use attractive language and key words when describing your location
- Make sure your location is accessible
- Be completely open with companies on what limitations there are in filming on your property to prevent confusion and problems later on